Sunday 18 November 2012

Customized Crisis pose.

Remember this guy? Boring pose? Not anymore! I was browsing through galleries online looking at other peoples' art work, and I saw something that definitely caught my eye! So, I took my boring looking crisis and gave him a bit more of an interesting pose :) 
  He now looks like he's walking. It wasn't that difficult to do either. The most annoying part was removing all of the components to re-shape them. The arms ended up coming off in order for me to do that.
 Getting this sort of a customization doesn't so much take work, rather it takes know-how for exactly what you want to do with it. Simple! I cut off one leg, the back leg at the knee. I also cut off both of the feet. The balls of the feet which were originally part of the leg component, stayed in the feet. Not a problem! I just shaped off all of the square-ish parts of the balls in the feet so I could use new feet positions.
 Putting the right or 'back' leg back together was just as simple. It took a little bit of carving(unfortunately I lack green stuff at this moment, I must add) but I managed to get the lower leg into the right position on the upper leg, to give a bit of a bent knee effect to it. Not much, as I didn't plan to customize it THAT much, but just slightly. Feet were glued back on, legs were glued back on, and voila!

Glued it all together, left it overnight to sit(sat him against my Broadside Battlesuits, so the pose would fix in place). Woke up this morning, first thing I did was get a drink and come out and look at the model. Perfect! Just what I was aiming for! I'm considering doing a pose with one of my Broadsides, but as they have metal components it may be a bit more of a fragile operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment