Monday 19 November 2012

Painted Pathfinders.

 Today I finally got around to painting my pathfinders! I was quite afraid of doing it, but it had to be done so that my army doesn't look bland and boring when I play it on the table. Same sept - Vior'la.
I was in the middle of painting the first one when a sudden noise caused me to drop it. When I went to pick it up I noticed that the arm holding the gun(the only separated component while packaged) fell off. I took advantage of this and removed all of the models' gun arms, and painted them in a much, much simpler manner. Gold paint will be added to the Tau symbols on each weapon(same with my Fire Warriors) when my gold paint arrives.
Here's a close up of the latest one I painted. Painting metal models was very much different to painting resin models. After removing all of the arms, one by one before painting the models I had to go over them with Chaos Black on the parts that I missed when priming them with my Spray, some couple of years ago. Sure enough, they're finished.

I decided not to buy the custom bases from back2base-ix.com. I would much rather customize the bases myself, but first I need some practice and to learn some methods of basing in order to get the best outcome for my models' bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment