Wednesday 28 November 2012

Broadside minor conversion

 I know I haven't updated much on my blog lately, but here's something I worked on recently. I've been quite distracted lately, although I'm trying my hardest to keep interest in this hobby, as it is an amazing hobby when enough time is put into it, and I need to focus on one thing rather than a lot of things.
Ok, straight to the point. I pulled one of my Broadsides off of it's base, and ripped a leg off(the easier leg to pull off was the one that got the conversion). I knew exactly what I wanted to do, on paper, I just had to get to the practical work. I instantly began converting the leg in a very similar fashion to the work I did on the 'walking' Crisis suit. Except this leg was going to be extended forward. I took an old model from a box of models that was given to me, a Daemonette. I sawed her in half with my rusty old hobby knife, and glued her down to make her look like a victim! I then glued the leg to the model with plastic glue, and as soon as the leg came into contact with the model I applied super glue to the Daemonette and worked the foot into position. It took patience, and a little bit of cursing, but I eventually got it to work. I then glued the railguns onto the broadsides once again.
 I've decided to expand my army greatly based on a list I wrote up years ago, which I refined. I also decided that I'm going to commission a miniatures panting company to paint my army for me. I don't enjoy painting much at all personally, and I definitely can't find myself getting the results I want in doing solo work. I know that this kind of idea is frowned upon greatly by many many miniature gamers, but I want my army to look good while I'm fighting with it, and that's what I'm going to do to get the 'good look' I want.
To my luck, the specific Daemonette that I chose to use as the victim for my Broadside's pose had a standard. This is going to prove difficult for transporting the model and sending it away, but certainly adds more detail, if not much. When the model is in commission, I'll be asking the guys I'll be working with to add some 'guts' to the victim, to add more intensity to the pose and the corpse as a whole.

The company I'm going through is Blue Table Painting. I've gotten an estimated quote from them already to base my pricing on and I've seen some of their work, and it is absolutely worth the cost and wait just to field a good looking army. I'm still going to be doing 90% of the model/conversion work(short the magnets for any further models, and tanks) but I'll not be doing anymore painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment