Monday 4 July 2016

Commander Updates and 'how-I-did-its'

Here's some progress I've made on my Commander's base.
I started with a pen and some green stuff for the main centerpiece of my Commander's base.

I snapped the pen, using my wire/sprue cutters, then began wrapping the green stuff around it.


I added some textures, and voila, a log! This is something I've never done before, so it was a whole new experience for me, and an enjoyable one at that.



I also decided to do my basing differently. Instead of putting the fine sand on and then the thick sand afterward, I did them both at the same time, for a more natural look.

I decided it would be nice to share some of the custom work I've done with the model, while I was preparing the base. So here I'm going to explain where each component came from, and what I'm aiming for in using said components.
 This fin, or in this case antenna, is one of the Coldstar components included in the kit, an arm fin to be specific. I wanted to have a more commanding look about the model, rather than a combat look, so I decided another antenna was necessary. This one measured up perfectly with the angle of the other antenna, so it was the one to use!
 This fin isn't actually from the Commander kit, but rather the Broadside kit. It's the fin that usually gets put on the back of the Broadside model, but I decided to use it to add to the large number of antenna on the model.
Following the trend of antenna, I couldn't find a single attachment to mount onto the jet packs that I was satisfied with in any of my kits (Commander, 2 Crisis kits, Broadside and Riptide). So I came up with a great idea. Why not take the engine fins off of the Coldstar engines? And so here we have the new and improved Enforcer Commander jet packs. I'm extremely satisfied with this outcome, it looks fantastic while maintaining the level of WYSIWYG that I like to abide by.

No comments:

Post a Comment